Click edit button to change this code.
Food Protection Solutions
Helping to eliminate the risk of foodborne illness
The CDC estimates that each year, 48 million people get sick from a foodborne illness, 128,000 are hospitalized and 3,000 die.
In the US alone, the CDC estimates the cost of illnesses related to Listeria, E. coli, Norovirus and Salmonella exceeds $9B annually, not including litigation or waste associated with recalled food.
Pathogens can enter unsealed packages at any point in the supply chain and can come from several sources — the environment, equipment, packaging material, people, etc. Once the package is sealed, any temperature changes during the supply chain can result in pathogen growth and create a food safety risk, which ultimately puts the processor at risk. Fresh cut fruits and vegetables do not currently have a control point or risk reduction step for pathogens between filling and sealing the package.
The technology protecting consumers
- The InvisiShield™ antimicrobial delivery system virtually eliminates pathogens after the product is sealed in its package
- The technology works inside a tightly sealed package that activates after sealing
- Special engineering reduces pathogens while sustaining the quality, taste and texture of fresh-cut fruit or vegetables
- Fresh-cut fruits and vegetables are delivered in the safest manner possible
- Effective against Pathogenic E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes, Human norovirus, Hepatitis A, Shigella, Campylobacter jejuni, Staphylococcus aureus, Yersinia enterocolitica, Vibrio vulnificus, Geotrichum candidum, Feline calcivirus, and Rotavirus
- Reduction of cross-contamination within sealed packages
- Decrease in food-borne illnesses due to pathogen contamination
- Outbreak mitigation without compromising quality and taste
- Easy implementation and application with full on-site technical support
- Simple to incorporate into your packaging line
- Consistent, scalable and automated application of product
- No handling of dangerous chemicals
How InvisiShieldTM works
News & Events
Thu27Jul2023Fri28Jul2023Monterey, CA, USA
IFPA Foodservice Conference